Updated: Feb 20, 2019
These bean balls are so delicious! They do not have the same texture of a meatballs, however, they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. When switching to a plant-based lifestyle, it is easy to get caught-up in foods looking or tasting exactly the same. The focus should be on learning to expand your palette and enjoy foods that are actually good for you. There are many tasty mock meat options for you to explore. However, these bean balls are so flavorful, I don't think it will be necessary. You be the judge!
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 quick cooking oats
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon vegetable base
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add beans and sun-dried tomatoes to the food processor pulse several times
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and process until a dough comes together.
4. Using #24 scoop, scoop out ~10 balls and place them on the baking sheet. Alternatively, use your hands and make golf ball sized balls.
5. Bake the balls for 15 minutes and then flips the balls over. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.